As an admitted student, there’s a lot to keep track of as you work toward enrolling at Catholic University. Be sure to bookmark this page to make sure you remember every important date and upcoming event! There’s also a handy checklist to help keep you organized throughout the spring and summer.
Admitted Student Checklist
As a newly admitted student for Fall 2020, here are your next steps:
- Submit the FAFSA and CSS PROFILE to be considered for need-based financial aid.
- Attend a Class with a Cardinal (Dates Vary), Cardinal Preview Day (Feb. 15), and/or Odyssey Day (April 4)
- Pay your nonrefundable enrollment deposit online or by mail by May 1.
- Accept and activate any financial aid awards you've received in Cardinal Station.
- Complete your housing and dining plan applications by May 15.
- For more information regarding your Housing Application, click HERE.
- For more information regarding your Dining Plan, click HERE.
- Register for Orientation beginning June 1.
- Activate your Cardinal Mail account and your network login beginning June 1.
- Accept Student Financial Responsibility in Cardinal Station beginning June 1.
- Enroll in direct deposit if you anticipate a student account refund.
- Set up whoever is responsible for your bills as an authorized payer in CardinalPay so that he or she receives the statement notification emails and has his or her own access to the online account statements after June 1.
- Register for classes. Information will be sent mid-June.
- Take any necessary academic placement tests.
- Return your immunization form to University Student Health Services by July 1 to avoid a $100 late charge.
- View your housing assignment in MyHousing starting the week of July 1.
- If you'll be participating in intercollegiate athletics, return athletic medical forms to the Department of Athletics.
- Upload a photo for your student ID card, the Cardinal Card.
- Submit your final high school transcripts and any AP, IB, SAT, or ACT scores to the Office of Admission by July 31.
- Visit the University's student medical insurance website. If not using the student medical plan, submit a waiver by the posted deadline.
- Consider using the monthly Tuition Payment Plan.
- Consider using the Student Tuition Refund Plan.
Dates to Remember
2020 Dates to Remember
- Jan. 15
Early Decision deposit deadline
- Feb. 1
Early Action students will have received their financial aid award notification.
First Cardinal Classroom Day for admitted students
Second Cardinal Classroom Day for admitted students
- Feb. 15
Cardinal Preview Day for admitted students
Third Cardinal Classroom Day for admitted students
- March 31
Regular Decision students will have received their financial aid award notification
- April 4
Odyssey Day for admitted students
Fourth Cardinal Classroom Day for admitted students
- May 1
Enrollment deposit due
- May 15
First-year housing application deadline
Class registration and academic advising information mailed
- July 1
Housing assignment available at MyHousing
- Week of July 20
Housing assignments mailed
- Aug. 17
Fall semester payment due
- Aug. 27
New Student Orientation begins
- Aug. 31
First day of fall classes
In early July, electronic account statement notifications are sent to students’ University email addresses (see Activate your Cardinal Mail account above). Fall semester payments are due Aug. 1.