CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for getting a job in technical support and establishing an IT career. Employers recognize that A+ certified candidates are better prepared to troubleshoot, problem-solve, and understand a wide variety of issues ranging from networking and operating systems to mobile devices and security.
The A+ certification training offered by The Catholic University of America will equip you to pass the two examinations required to earn the A+ certification: Exams 220-1001 and 220-1002. After completing our training you will be able to:
- Assemble components based on customer requirements;
- Install, configure, and maintain devices,PCs, and software for end users;
- Understand the basics of networking and security, including forensics;
- Apply troubleshooting skills to diagnose, resolve, and document common hardware and software issues;
- Provide appropriate customer support; and
- Understand the basics of virtualization, desktop imaging, and deployment.
The A+ certification will position you for the following jobs and more:
- Technical Support Specialist
- IT Support Technician
- Field Service Technician
- Desktop Support Analyst
- Help Desk Tier 2 Support
- High quality instruction from a CompTIA Registered Academy Partner.
- Course features an in-classroom instructor with extensive practical experience in computer support fields.
- Tuition includes voucher for the exam and for up to two additional retakes if necessary.
- Convenient course location.
- Student receives copy of student training materials.
PRINCIPAL TOPICS OF INSTRUCTION
- Mobile devices
- Visualization and cloud computing
- Operating systems
- Computer security
- Software troubleshooting
- Operational procedures
Our course provides an in-depth, weeklong preparation for the CompTIA A+ exam under the guidance of an expert. All course materials are provided.
The Catholic University of America — Alexandria
2050 Ballenger Ave., Suite 200
Alexandria, VA 22314
This location is a five-minute walk from the King Street Blue and Yellow Line Metrorail station.
Garage and meter parking are available.
$1,500 per person
UPCOMING CLASS SESSIONS
Choose one of the following Monday through Friday sessions:
- January xx – xx, 2021, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (with one-hour lunch break)
- February xx – xx, 2021, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (with one-hour lunch break)
- March xx – xx, 2021, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (with one-hour lunch break)
- April xx – xx, 2021, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (with one-hour lunch break)
- May xx – xx, 2021, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (with one-hour lunch break)