The new president will be selected through an efficient and intensive search process led by the Presidential Search Committee and assisted by the executive search firm Russell Reynolds Associates.
- Catholic University’s 15th President, John Garvey, announces he will step down at the end of June 2022. Victor Smith, chair, Board of Trustees, is named to lead the search committee.
- Russell Reynolds Associates, one of the country’s premier executive search firms, is selected to assist with the search. They conducted about 20 listening sessions with hundreds of constituents from across the Catholic University community.
- Russell Reynolds shares the position profile and reaches out to potential candidates in its network.
- Candidates are interviewed by the search committee.
- A second round of interviews are held with a smaller number of finalists.
- Finalists are recommended to the Board of Trustees for consideration.
February / March
- The Board of Trustees evaluates the candidate or candidates recommended by the search committee.
- The Board of Trustees makes a recommendation to the Fellows of the University (a subpart of the full board) regarding the next president.
- The Fellows of the University appoint Catholic University’s 16th president.