Stephan Murphy is the Director of Military and Veteran Support Services for the University.

He can help guide your transition from the service to Catholic University. Please contact him at with questions on available resources or University processes and procedures.

The Catholic University of America is a "Military Friendly School."

Visit Catholic University's programs for the military


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

  • How do I certify and verify my enrollment?

    To prevent delays in receiving your education benefits, we must certify your enrollment prior to the beginning of each semester or summer session. Please notify a Veteran Certifying Official in the Office of Enrollment Services following registration each semester to initiate the certification process for the semester. Any registration changes must be reported promptly to the Office of Enrollment Services.

    In addition, if you are receiving education benefits under Chapter 30 or Chapters 1606 or 1607 you must verify your continuing enrollment monthly. This can be done online at or by calling 1 (877) 823-2378. Monthly verification cannot be completed any earlier than the last day of each month.

    If you choose to attend another institution of higher learning while also enrolled at The Catholic University of America, you may be eligible to combine your enrollment hours to qualify for full time benefits. Please contact a Veteran Certifying Official in the Office of Enrollment Services for assistance.

    Please notify a Veteran Certifying Official in the Office of Enrollment Services when you are graduating or otherwise terminating the use of your VA education benefits so that we may properly notify the Department of Veteran Affairs.

    Contact Enrollment Services

  • Am I eligible for benefits?

    The Office of Enrollment Services works in partnership with the US Department of Veterans Affairs to assist veterans and dependents eligible to participate in the VA’s Education Benefits Programs. Information on the VA’s Education Benefits Programs is available at Eligibility for benefits is determined by the Department of Veterans Affairs which has Education Benefits Counselors available at 888-GI BILL 1 (888-442-4551).

    If you have never used VA education benefits at any institution of higher education, you must complete the appropriate application form.

    - Veterans: please complete Form 22-1990
    - Survivors and dependents: please complete form 22-5490
    - Parents transferring 9/11 GI Bill benefits to a spouse or dependent: please complete form 22:1990e

    For more information and to download the forms visit Enrollment Services.

  • What are the Reserve Officers Training Corp (ROTC) programs offered?

    Students of The Catholic University of America may enroll in one of the following ROTC programs through the Consortium:

    - The Air Force Program at University of Maryland
    - The Army Program at Georgetown University
    - The Navy Program at George Washington University

    See the Consortium Registration Policy for information on consortium registration.